WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
- Pre apprenticeships offered to rising seniors and high school graduates. If a pre apprentice does well in the pre apprentice period they may be accepted as an apprentice.
- An apprenticeship can begin at ages 16 – 18
- Apprenticeships last 4 years
- Paid for work at the assigned company with company benefits
- Earn a two-year degree from a community college
- Work based learning & academic instruction
- Academic skills find a practical purpose
WHAT IS NCTAP?
Registered Apprenticeship Program
- 6400 hours of learning on the job manufacturing/automotive skills
- 1600 hours of college education
Journeyman Certificate by the NC Community College System & USDOL
- A certified Journeyperson is recognized as a qualified and skilled person in a trade and is entitled to the wages and benefits associated with that trade.
- The certificate earned is recognized nationally.
Associate Degree in one of the following
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology